EYEAFRICA TV: Banjul, THE GAMBIA:- The victims of a fire outbreak that struck Lamin Koto Village in CRR North has called on all and sundry to come to their aid as they battle with challenges posed by the blazing fire.
The fire that disrupted the Jabbie Kunda compound on Friday, has completely burnt four houses into ashes, as well as huge sum of money and valuable materials destroyed.
The Alkalo of the village and head of the compound, Mamanding Jabbie told Eye Africa TV that the blaze was caused by electrical circuit that began in one house and extended to others.
The outbreak according to sources, began around 7pm and took more than three hours to control as there is no available fire service stations in the whole of CRR North (including both Sami and Niani districts). Bansang fire servicemen (about 20km away) came to their aid but by the time they reach there the damage has already been done.
Those who want to help can kindly contact any of these numbers.