EYEAFRICA TV: Banjul, The Gambia: Yahya Jammeh’s alleged victims Saturday intensify their pressure on Gambia government to ensure that it create an immediate dialogue with regional and international partners to extradite the country’s former President Yahya Jammeh to face justice for the crimes that were committed during his 22-year rule.
They said Mr Jammeh must face justice for all the crimes where in the country or at the International Criminal Court.
During a Saturday march calling for Jammeh’s return and immediate prosecution, the victims submit their demands to government in a petition that was read by chairman of Gambia Center for Victims of Human Rights Violation, Sheriff Muhammed Kijera during, which include a ban on Mr Jammeh’s former ruling APRC party.
Below is their demands:
- Government to ban or suspend the APRC party until a time when the TRRC investigations are complete
- Government to condemn any threat towards victims
- Government to ensure that Yahya Jammeh face immediate arrest and prosecution wherever he steps foot in the country
- Government to continue to consult with victims in decision making on issues affecting them
- Government to start immediate consultation with regional and international partners for support for Jammeh to come back to the country to face justice