China reports two-digit COVID-19 cases for five consecutive days: official

EYEAFRICA TV: Beijing, China: China’s domestic situation of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) control continues to improve, as the country had reported two-digit new confirmed cases and suspected cases respectively on a daily basis for five consecutive days till Tuesday, an official said Wednesday.

Only two new confirmed cases had been reported outside Wuhan City for the last five days till Tuesday, spokesman for the National Health Commission (NHC) Mi Feng said at a press conference in Beijing.

“From 00:00 to 24:00 on March 10, all the provincial-level regions on the mainland and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps reported 24 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 22 deaths, with all of the deaths in Hubei. There were 31 new suspected cases, while 1,578 more patients were discharged from hospital, and 3,235 close contacts were discharged from medical observation. The number of patients in critical condition decreased by 302,” said Mi.

By the end of March 10, according to the reports from the provincial-level regions on the mainland and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, the total number of patients confirmed with COVID-19 who were still under treatment was 16,145, of whom 4,492 were in critical condition, according to the spokesman.

By March 10, “a total of 61,475 patients were discharged from hospital, while the death toll reached 3,158. The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 80,778. There were 285 still suspected of being infected with the virus. We had traced 675,886 close contacts, and 14,607 of them were still under medical observation,” said the spokesman.

“Hubei reported 13 new confirmed cases on March 10, with all of them in Wuhan City. The number of newly discharged patients stood at 1,471 in Hubei, with 1,212 in Wuhan. There were 22 new deaths, with 19 in Wuhan. There were 15,671 confirmed cases who were still under treatment in Hubei, including 14,514 in Wuhan. A total of 4,412 were in critical condition, of whom 4,217 were in Wuhan. A total of 49,056 patients had been discharged from hospitals in Hubei, with Wuhan discharging 33,041. The death toll in Hubei rose to 3,046, with 2,423 in Wuhan. A total of 67,773 confirmed cases of COVID-19 had been reported in Hubei, with 49,978 in Wuhan. Six new suspected cases were reported on March 10, with all of them in Wuhan. There were still 198 suspected cases, with 192 in Wuhan,” said Mi.

From 00:00 to 24:00 on March 10, 10 new imported cases were reported, with six of them in Beijing, two in Shanghai, one in Shandong and one in Gansu. By the end of March 10, the total number of imported cases had come to 79, said the official.

“Outside Hubei on the Chinese mainland, 11 new cases were reported [on March 10], including 10 imported cases. There were 25 new suspected cases. No new death was reported, and the number of patients in critical condition decreased by 13,” said Mi.

By the end of Tuesday, 120 confirmed cases including three deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 47 in Taiwan including one death.

SHARE ON

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram

Leave a Reply

avatar
1000
  Subscribe  
Notify of

Related Posts

Eye Africa TV
Scroll to Top