EYEAFRICA TV: Wuhan City, Hubei Province, central China: China’s health authorities Wednesday said it received 3,887 new confirmed cases and 65 new deaths of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) on Tuesday from 31 of the 34 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
Among the new confirmed cases and deaths, 3,156 and 65 are in central China’s Hubei Province, the epicenter of the viral pneumonia outbreak.
The National Health Commission said in its daily report that 431 (377 in Hubei) more patients were in critical conditions and 262 (125 in Hubei) discharged from hospitals after recovery on Tuesday.
The Commission said by 24:00 Tuesday, a total of 24,324 confirmed cases of the viral pneumonia had been reported, 3,219 people remained in critical conditions, 490 people had died of the disease, and 892 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery.
People suspected of getting infected with the virus increased by 3,971 (1,957 in Hubei) on Tuesday, bringing the total suspected cases to 23,260.
A total of 252,154 close contacts have been traced down, the commission said, adding that among them, 18,457 were discharged from medical observation on Tuesday, with 185,555 others still under medical observation.
By the end of Tuesday, 18 confirmed cases had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (one death), 10 in the Macao Special Administrative Region and 11 in the Taiwan region.